Truth in Recruitment is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate individual who is interested in joining our team part-time (6-8 hours/week) as our paid ($15/hour) South Santa Barbara county community organizer.
It is opened to high school and college students, parents, and veterans who live in the Santa Maria and are bilingual/bicultural.
The Community Organizer will work with a coordinator and with student and community volunteers to:
- Research existing recruiter school policies and protocols in Santa Barbara County School Districts.
- Assist in the establishment of a network and develop local commitment and support through outreach and presentations to community and youth groups such as — PTAs & parents organizations; community centers; high-school and college student clubs and classes; religious organizations; and veterans associations.
- Assemble and distribute organizing materials and sample policies.
- Help maintain our website and social media accounts.
- Develop a working list of agencies, media, and other resources to be contacted with information about regulating recruiters in schools.
- Set up appointments and meet with school staff and administrators.
- Facilitate presentations to groups/classes.
***Bilingual and bicultural applicants preferred*** Veterans, students, and parents encouraged to apply!
Salary: $15/hour @6-8 hours/week to be paid once a month.
Applicants should submit a resume that details their relevant work and and cover letter stating their interests and qualifications to Kate Connell at tirSC@truthinrecruitment,org. We ask that applicants state “Community Organizer Application” in the subject line of the email.
The application deadline is Thursday, May 30, 2019 at 11:59 PM.